Select language

Resources for: Housing and Housing Supports

Supportive housing offers support to people with special needs, such as mental illness, AIDS, and substance abuse histories. It may be developed to meet the needs of a particular population, such as people with mental illness, or low income working people and a mixed special needs tenancy. The housing may be located in a single building (commonly called congregate housing) or apartments scattered throughout many buildings (scattered site housing).

All Resources for

Housing and Housing Supports


In an Emergency, Call 911

Looking for help in
non-emergency situations?

Call 211 or
Call 311 in New York City

NY Connects

Suicide Crisis Hotline
1-800-273-TALK (8255) Toll Free
1-800-799-4889 TTY

Child Abuse & Maltreatment Hotline
1-800-342-3720, Toll Free
1-800-638-5163, TTD/TTY
1-800-342-3720, NY Relay

Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline
800-624-4143 Toll Free

Featured Resources for

Housing and Housing Supports

Developed by the Council on Children and Families and Funded by the Developmental Disabilities Planning Council