Select language

Alternative Schools/Trade Schools/BOCES

Interagency Case Resolution Unit

Resource Author/Owner/Service Provider

NYS Council on Children and Families (CCF)


The Interagency Case Resolution Unit works to assist caregivers and individuals in receiving the most appropriate community-based or residential services; minimize delays in arranging services or placements, and resolves barriers that impede timely service delivery or placement. 

The Interagency Case Resolution Unit becomes involved ONLY after all program options and dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted at the local and regional levels, or if a caregiver feels their child's needs are not being met by existing systems. 

How to Make a Referral

The agent making a referral on behalf of a child must provide the Council with the following:

  • a completed Intake Form and a signed Release of Information Form;
  • a description of the barriers encountered in attempting to provide appropriate services or placement;
  • a record of the efforts that have been made by the referral source or others to secure services and/or placements for the child; and
  • background information on the child's special needs.

A referral containing all of the information mentioned above may be submitted to:

Sheila Jackson, Coordinator, Interagency Case Resolution Unit 

Kathleen Rivers, Assistant Coordinator, Interagency Case Resolution Unit

Interagency Case Resolution Unit
NYS Council on Children and Families
52 Washington Street
West Building, Suite 99
Rensselaer, NY 12144

Telephone: 518-473-3652
Fax: 518-473-2570

Additional Information

Interagency Case Resolution Unit Informational Brochure

Contact Information/Service Locations

Interagency Case Resolution Unit

52 Washington Street, Suite 99W
Rensselaer, NY 12144


9:00 - 5:00

Get Directions



Sheila Jackson, Coordinator

Kathleen Rivers, Assistant Coordinator

County(ies) Served:

New York State


Addictions (Other than Alcohol and Substance Abuse)Aggression/Anger and Oppositional DefianceAlternative Schools/Trade Schools/BOCESAnxiety DisorderAt-Home ServicesAttention Deficit/Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)Autism Spectrum DisordersBipolar DisorderCommunity CareCommunity Living ProgramsCriminal Activity/Delinquency/Juvenile JusticeCrisis ManagementDay Treatment ProgramsDepression/Mood DisorderDevelopmental DisabilitiesDevelopmental Disability/Complex Health IssueEating DisordersExtreme or Inappropriate BehaviorHearing Impairment/DeafnessInformation and ReferralIntellectual Disabilities/Mental DisabilitiesLearning DisabilitiesLong-Term Care (LTC)Medical/Physical HealthMental HealthMental Health/Developmental DisabilityMental Health/Substance Abuse IssuesMotor/Physical DisabilitiesNeurological DisorderObsessive-Compulsive DisorderOppositional Defiance DisorderOut-of-Home/Residential CarePost-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)Residential Care/PlacementsRespiteSchizophrenia/Psychotic DisorderSchool Avoidance/RefusalSchool DisciplineSeizure DisorderSelf-Harm/CuttingSerious Mental Health IssuesSexual Acting Out/AbuseSkilled NursingSpecial Education/IEP/504 a or bSuicidal IdeationTransition PlanningTransitioning from Juvenile JusticeTraumatic Brain InjuryVision Impairment/BlindnessWithdrawal/Isolation/Sadness

Related Terms

complex issuescross-systemshard-to-placehard-to-servehtphtsmediationplacementresolution
Return to
your search results
Return to
all resources

Developed by the Council on Children and Families and Funded by the Developmental Disabilities Planning Council